Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's Almost Over!!!

I can't believe field experience is over!! It seems like it just began, and I don't know about anyone else, but I have alot of papers to write!! We had our final unit assessment today for our Social Studies unit. Our GRASP assessment was to have our students take over Channel 2 News and give a news report on the Pioneers. We brought in a few suit coats for the boys and scarves for the girls. We had a microphone and video recorded them. Our studio audience (the rest of the class) was wonderful ~ I had wondered if they would behave or not ~ and our class is so excited to watch themselves on TV tomorrow! We also had our teacher observation today, and he seemed to think it went well..... but who knows?!? Anyway, it has been a learning experience ~ which it is supposed to be ~ parts have gone remarkably well and others have kind of struggled. And I will definitely miss this group of students ~ how quickly they moved into my heart ~ but time moves on and it's back to class with lesson plans, quizzes, tests and PAPERS!!! I have missed all of you though, so I will be glad to see you all on MONDAY!!! Have a great last two days and a wonderful weekend!!

3 comments:

Alene said...

I know what you mean Linda about these kids making their way into your heart. I will sure miss them all. It has been a great experience and I am not looking forward to all of the work waiting for us back at school but onward we must go. See you next week.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have had so much fun! I'm sure your students loved you and had so much fun doing their news broadcast! Looking back over my field experience, I wish we had done some funner things - however we did a review day and a trading blanket which I'm sure were more fun for the kids - I missed them and didn't really even get to say good-bye...I'm still sick at home.

Michelle said...

We did a newscast too. I like your idea of bringing in microphones and suit coats and scarves. That had to have made it seem much more realistic! Did the students have fun? Ours did. I'm actually surprised how well it all worked out. They did a good job! We also recorded them so we can have a copy of the final project.