Thursday, November 8, 2007

Week 2 Is Almost Over!

WOW!! I can't believe our field experience is almost over.... everyone sounds like they are having such a great time and I am so excited for everyone! Our schedule has been a little crazy, but it is getting better (now that it's almost over!) Anyway, Kellie and I are having a good experience. We began our unit yesterday (Wednesday) and we had WAY too much material for our time limit ~ I always worry about running out of things, so I often over plan. We had to do some cramming and let them have homework, but it went okay. Today was much better with our timing. We are covering the Pioneers and our final GRASP assessment for next week is a Newscast. We are going to video them and let them watch themselves the next day. They seem really excited to do the news and wondered if they would really be on TV!! I understand everyone's frustration with the whole technology part of our field experience. I was not too upset about not being able to show my Digital Story, because I had made my movie on the Ute Indians (we didn't know what unit we would be teaching at the time) ((you can check it out below my last post)) so it didn't really tie into the Pioneers, however, if I had made one to go with our unit, I would have been frustrated as the movie won't play on the teachers laptop and projector. Also, we have learned so many fun things in this Technology class, that I would like to try and apply in the classroom, but let's face it, one computer class a week for 35 minutes, doesn't allow you much time for experimenting with technology! Oh well, like I said in my last post, maybe by the time we have our own classrooms, we'll all have laptops and smartboards, so we will be able to better utilize the things we have learned! I hope everyone continues to have a great experience..... learn lots and we'll see you all in a week or so!!!

3 comments:

Mrs. Salzman said...

Angela and I had an interesting experience. I used my husband's PC laptop today to show my digital story that went with our lesson and his laptop crashed,not once but twice. Then Angela couldn't get the smart board to work today to show her digital story. I am glad that I know now why I want a back up plan when technology fails in the classroom.

Alene said...

good job Linda on your digital story I really like it. I did wish your voice was a little louder or the music a little softer it was a little bit hard to hear. But it was really interesting. I am going to try and do my digital story on Monday but I have had problems getting it to run on the projector. I have talked with the technology person several times and we think we have it worked out. I just cross my fingers it will work. It has definately been a bit of a headache. Wow I can't believe this is our last week. I am excited to see everyone again but I am going to miss my students. I really can see how one can get attached to these kids. Well see you next week.

Jenny said...

I totaly understand about having more information than we have time for. We also had to send our students home with homework over the weekend. But it was good for them. We also had then create their own god or goddess which was fun to see all the different things they came up with. Sounds like you guys are having fun. Keep up the great work