Thursday, November 1, 2007

It's Fall Field Experience!!


Well, it is finally here! Kellie and I did not begin our field experience until Halloween. It was a little crazy for the first day ~ but what could we expect? It was a party! I did attend UEA Conference on Tuesday, and it was wonderful! Can I just tell you all how absolutely amazing Erin Gruwell was!?! I wish all of you could have heard her speak. I hope we can ALL be the kind of teacher she is, and help the students in our future classes, to reach their full potential! We need to help them see that they truly can become anything they desire. Life isn't fair, and alot of children deal with very difficult situations, but that doesn't mean their future is hopeless. The future truly is in our hands and we have a huge responsibility. I visited the "Idea Fair" and gathered up a pile of lesson plans, ideas, and make-and-takes. I also attend the "Vendor Fair" and got to play with a Smart Board! They really are cool, and maybe we'll all have them by the time we are in our own classrooms! I also got six free books, courtesy of Barnes and Noble~ what can be better than that? They offered alot of small workshops you could choose from, and our own Axel Ramirez presented!! Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great time and learning alot!


5 comments:

Brittany said...

I also went to UEA, but I went on Monday. It was a lot of fun. I agree, that smart board was really neat. Well good luck in field!!

Alene said...

Wow Linda sounds like you got some great stuff. I know the teacher we are doing our field with went to Erin's talk as well. She said she was awesome. Glad to hear your field is going well. I can't believe how fast it is going.

Ms. Richards said...

Linda, how neat to get all that additional material. I can't believe our field experience is half over. I feel like I learn so much everyday.

Dr. Hudgins said...

You are right. As teachers you have more influence then most people with students especially being an elementary teacher. It is nice to see how you understand it.

Jen said...

Linda reading your blog gets me excitied for UEA! What a neat experience you had to attend. I can't wait to hear how your taching is going. Keep me posted!